Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My KDI School Experience

Juan Carlos Testa (2006 MBA, Mexico)


"Reasons to Choose Korea, and the KDI School - Best Faculty and Students Services"

I have to admit that I am a big admirer of Korea's rapid economic growth and progress. I wanted to know more about the country that managed to transform itself from a receiver to a provider of the international aids in less than 40 years.

The KDI School had one of the best faculty and curricula in Korea and all the supports from the Korea Development Institute. From the academic point of view, the professors were exceptional. Not only did they have impressive academic backgrounds but they were also able and eager to share their knowledge with us.

Last but not the least, during our time at the KDI School, we were made to feel at home. When you live in a foreign country, you find yourself in many challenging circumstances. The support I received from the KDI School made it far more easier to overcome those challenges.







Hongmei Cui (2006 MBA, China)



"The KDI School, the Little International Community within Korea"

The courses were helpful, of course, but what I remember the most are the stories and experiences that my professors and classmates shared with me. I became more open-minded after making friends from different cultural backgrounds. I consider such personal networks to be my greatest asset. I also fondly remember going on many visits to Korean corporations and one field- trip to Gyeongju. Even though we were from different cultural backgrounds, we were able to bond while learning the Korean culture.

I was offered a position at Daewoo Securities when I was about to graduate. I mainly deal with bonds which is especially relevant to my major. The Korean customs and culture that I got familiar with at the KDI School came in extremely handy while working in a Korean company alongside my Korean colleagues.





Hoai An Phan (2003 MPP, Vietnam)


"Practical Curricula Improved My Career"

I am currently working for Ministry of Finance in Vietnam as a Deputy Director of the International Cooperation Department. I am in charge of the FTA negotiations such as the ASEAN-China, ASEAN-India and ASEAN-Korea negotiations. In April 2007, I had a chance to visit Korea again to attend the 17th meeting of the
ASEAN-Korea Free Trade Negotiating Committee (AKTNC). I was the representative for my ministry and my main responsibility was not only tariff-related issues but also negotiating financial services as well.

When I started my study at the KDI School in 2003, I did not have much understanding of the WTO and FTAs, nor did I have any work experience related to those fields. Courses such as Understanding the World Trade System, Comparative Economic Systems and Understanding the World Economy were especially interesting, useful and valuable to me. I have applied such knowledge to my work.


KDI School of Public Policy and Management
87 Hoegiro, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul, 130-868 KOREA
Tel: 82-2-3299-1281 Fax: 82-2-3299-1223
Homepage:http://www.kdischool.ac.kr

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For designated student;

Beside KLPT, we have to face Topik exam in april . i heard like this and it will be also considered like klpt.

Javanshir said...

I am not sure about that, but we can't. Because the deadline for TOPIK exam has passed and we haven't registered.