Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New Regulation

Dear Government Scholarship Students in IIE

Hello!
It is Sang Im Kim from IIE office.

I want to inform you what we mainly talked about at the counselling on 15th(Mon) in order that you remind.

For the students of Korean language course,
NIIED and KHU appreciate you have studied very hard and made an effort to apply for universities but some of you have bad attendance rates as the reason.
NIIED have asked each university to take care of students stricter and to report them whole attendance rates of each student until the end of August.

Also, If you are absent 5 times in succession or over 10 times a month without telling me anything or any reasonable reasons, I will notice NIIED and they will give you a warning. I ask you to submit me the documentary evidence like invitation, diagnosis and etc when you are absent. I hope you do your best until the end as you have done.

And I attach the KGSP regulation, please read it carefully.
If you have any question, please visit the office.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Best regards,
Sang Im Kim


Attachment

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm a scholar for the 2009 KGSP. We're scheduled to arrive in Korea on August 30.

I'd just like to ask if it's really required to bring 5 original transcript of records, as stated in the Guidebook. Getting one would be possible but 5 original copies is kind of hard to do.

When we choose our 5 university choices for the Masters program, do we have to attach original documents in the application forms even though there's still no assurance that we'd get in in all 5 of them? Or NIIED will provide certified true copies of the documents we submitted when we applied for the scholarship?

Looking forward to a prompt reply. Thank you so much!

Javanshir said...

Hello,

If you are going to apply to 5 universities then you have to have 5 transcripts with you. Some universities demand only original file, but some of them accept copies with a stamp on it, you can get the stamp from your university in which you are going to study Korean language, or from NIIED office. Actually I have been provided with 5 certified copies here.

Nice to meet you,

Have a good time in Korea.

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the reply. I'm kind of freaking out because of this requirement. But now I'm ok because of your reply. hehe! Thanks for well wishes. ^^

Anonymous said...

Another question about your recommendation letters:

Did you have someone get it for you since you're already in Korea? I read that some universities have a specific form. Did you have to mail that to your country and have your professor answer it?

Javanshir said...

Well, in fact, I wanted to apply to Korea University, they had specific recommendation form. I sent it to my professors in my country (of course my parents helped me for the delivery) and I got it back till the deadline. But you can also use the recommendation letters that you used to apply for the scholarship program.

Have a good time.